Chicken Korma curry
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 120g (1/2 jar) Patak’s Korma paste
- 500g chicken breast or boneless thigh, diced
- 2 cups water
- 200g green beans, topped and tailed
- 200ml pouring cream
- rice to serve
- coriander to garnish
Place baby potatoes in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until tender and drain.
While the potatoes are cooking, add the oil to a frying pan and gently fry the onions for 3 minutes.
Add the curry paste to the frying pan and cook a further 3 minutes to release the aromatics in the curry paste.
Stir in the chicken pieces and fry until they are sealed. Add the water and green beans, bring to the boil and reduce the heat to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Just before you are ready to serve, add the cream and drained potatoes and bring back to the boil.
Garnish with coriander just before serving with rice.
- If you add a few pinches of salt to the onions they will not burn before they soften.
- You can use thickened cream or even sour cream in this recipe instead of the pouring cream.
- Pumpkin is also a nice addition to this recipe. I added in the potatoes and green beans to make it more of a complete meal.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.