Chocolate flecked banana cake
- 125g unsalted butter
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100g dark chocolate, grated
- ½ cup milk
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter the base of a 20cm round cake pan. Cream the butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Stir in the mashed bananas, then sift plain flour and bicarb soda into mixture. Add the chocolate and milk and stir until just combined.
Pour the mixture into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
Turn cake onto a wire rack to cool.
- The children need never know that it has banana in it…
- Make this cake gluten-free using gluten-free plain flour (e.g. Orgran or White Wings)
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.