- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 75g butter, softened (additional)
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- raspberry jam (or whatever you have on hand)
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line a biscuit tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until well combined and then fold through the cinnamon and self-raising flour. Roll the biscuit mixture into little balls, about a teaspoonful each, and then place on prepared baking tray. Squish down a little with the prongs of a fork.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Meanwhile beat the additional butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Spoon a small amount of the buttercream on one biscuit, spread a little jam on top of that (don’t go overboard here or it will spill everywhere) and then top with another biscuit about the same size.
Makes about a dozen.
- These delicious biscuits never last long at my place and I often double the recipe to have some “leftovers”.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find related biscuit and cookie recipes.
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Rice bubble and sultana biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- Three ingredient shortbread
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Gingerbread cookies
- Yo-yo biscuits