It’s time to kick sugar to the curb, and show those hungry hordes of kids that you CAN make an exciting smorgasbord of party food without coating everything in sugar!
Fruit party treats
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with serving up a big dose of fresh fruit at your next birthday bash. Try these exciting new ways to get fruity, and watch the kids dig in with unbridled enthusiasm.
1. Fresh fruit birthday cake
This clever alternative to a traditional birthday cake is SO simple but has tons of wow-power. One slice will never be enough!
- See here for the Fresh fruit birthday cake recipe.
2. Easy mango coconut granita
Scoop mound-fuls of this into individual little cups, for an icy snack that is bursting with fruity flavours. So refreshing.
- See here for the Easy mango coconut granita recipe.
Who knew a skewer full of frozen grapes could cause such excitement? Try it, and you will see it for yourself.
- See here for the Grapesicles recipe.
4. Creamy coconut and pineapple popsicles
Get set for a cooling tropical treat made with velvety coconut cream and a touch of honey. Party on, kids!
- See here for the Creamy coconut and pineapple popsicles recipe.
Savoury party bites
Don’t get hung up on the sweet stuff. Yummy savoury food at a party is just as important. This selection of filling food is so impressive, you’ll wonder why you’ve never gone sugar-free before!
5. Pizza pops
These mess-free one-bite pizzas are both filling AND fun. Make a range of healthy toppings, and you’re guaranteed to keep every guest happy.
- See here for the Pizza pops recipe.
6. Guacamole dip
Make it nice and spicy or keep it mild, either way your little guests won’t be able to resist this glorious green dip.
- See here for the Guacamole dip recipe.
7. Vietnamese rice paper rolls
Add a touch of Asian inspiration to the party table, with these colourful and super-healthy parcels. Yes please!
- See here for the Vietnamese rice paper rolls recipe.
8. Healthy homemade crackers
Just the thing to go with your tasty guacamole dip (see recipe 9.), a tray of these crunchy seasoned crackers will disappear before your eyes.
- See here for the Healthy homemade crackers recipe.
9. Nacho popcorn
Here’s how to add some oomph to a plain bowl of popcorn. Remember to save some for yourself before the crowd tucks in.
- See here for the Nacho popcorn recipe.
10. Healthy vegetable and chicken sausage rolls
The hidden veggies in these mouth-watering bites makes this party offering about as perfect as possible.
- See here for the Healthy vegetable and chicken sausage rolls recipe.
11. Ants on a log
Peanut butter, celery and sultanas – sounds strange, right? Well, maybe … but you just won’t believe how GOOD these taste. Prepare to get hooked.
- See here for the Ants on a log recipe.
12. Cruncy lion sandwiches
Don’t discount a good old fashioned sambo. Just a little bit of effort and a spark of creativity – cutest thing on the table!
- See here for the Kids’ crunchy lion sandwiches recipe.
13. Dried zucchini chips
These utterly yum zucchini bits will give traditional potato crisps a good run for their money. Terribly more-ish for mums and dads too.
- See here for the Dried zucchini chips recipe.
14. Crispy chicken tenders
Add a supply of these crunchy chicken dippers to the party table, for a warm and belly-filling munch.
- See here for the Crispy chicken tenders recipe.
15. Sneaky pumpkin muffins
The best thing about these veggie-ladden muffins is that they are 100 percent HEALTHY. Go on, make a double batch!
- See here for the Sneaky pumpkin muffins recipe.
16. Cucumber roll-ups
They may look a little too posh for a kid’s party but trust us, once those kids take their first bite they’ll be begging for more.
- See here for the Cucumber roll ups recipe.
17. Quinoa calamari rings
Try this oven-baked twist on traditional calamari rings for party food that will bring the house down.
- See here for the Quinoa calamari rings recipe.
Traditional party food
Have your cake and eat it too! There are still ways to enjoy something sweet and chocolatey – without adding a cup (or more!) of sugar. Just check out these lip-smacking party treats.
18. Healthy chocolate power balls
Made for popping straight into your mouth, there’s A LOT to love about these rich, chewy and very chocolatey treats.
- See here for the Healthy chocolate power balls recipe.
19. No-bake trail mix cookies
Packed with the goodness of fruit and seeds, these seriously yummy biccies are all the more amazing because they don’t require baking!
- See here for the No-bake trail mix cookies recipe.
20. Healthy chocolate crackles
Say goodbye to sugar and unhealthy Copha, and hello to a fabulous combo of honey and coconut oil. Just wow!
- See here for the Healthy chocolate crackles recipe.
21. Healthy chocolate brownies
Do the kids a favour and offer up a plate of sugar-free brownies. They are nothing short of HEAVENLY, and so healthy to boot!
- See here for the Healthy chocolate brownies recipe.
22. Raspberry cupcakes with raspberry icing
Stop everything! If you DON’T make these insanely good cupcakes for your next sugar-free bash you will truly miss out on something special.
- See here for the Raspberry cupcakes with raspberry icing recipe.
23. 2-ingredient energy bars
If you’re planning an active kids’ party, then you definitely need to make a batch of these. They will be gobbled up with utter glee.
- See here for the 2-ingredient energy bars recipe.
24. Healthy yoghurt bites
This has to be the easiest party snack ever invented! No more bowls of M&M’s or Smarties, try these healthy frozen yoghurt drops instead.
- See here for the Healthy yoghurt bites recipe.