Brought to you by
Serves: 6 | Prep time: 5min | Cooking time 15min
- 500g Barilla Penne Rigate
- 400g Barilla Ricotta sauce
- 1 eggplant, diced
- ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 50g Grana Padano, grated
- 1 large Buffalo Mozzarella (diced into 1.5 cm thick cubes)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil, for drizzling
- Rock salt, for pasta water
Add the Barilla Penne Rigate to plenty of salted boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the pack.
In a large fry pan, heat some oil, add the eggplant and cook until soft. Then add the cherry tomatoes.
After a few minutes, add the Ricotta sauce and bring to a simmer.
Remove the pasta 2 minutes before the suggested time on the pack. Drain and toss the pasta in the sauce for 1 minute.
Remove fry pan from the heat and add torn basil leaves, Grana Padano and Buffalo Mozzarella. Allow the Mozzarella to melt, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive oil and serve immediately.