Red curry salmon
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) fish stock
- 3 strips lemon peel
- 4 x 125g salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander, to serve
In a medium non-stick saucepan, cook curry paste for 1 minute over medium heat. Add coconut milk, stock and lemon peel. Combine well and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add salmon fillets and simmer for another 5 minutes or until cooked, turning carefully halfway through. Remove salmon and set aside.
Add lemon juice, sugar and fish sauce and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened. Taste for seasoning and adjust as required.
Serve salmon fillets with red curry sauce, steamed green vegetables, jasmine rice and fresh coriander.
Find related thai recipes
- Thai beef salad with nam jim
- Beef skewers with peanut sauce
- Chicken cashew and hokkien noodle stir fry
- Chilli beef with choy sum
- Thai barbecued chicken recipe
- Thai chicken rice paper rolls
- Thai fish cakes
- Thai lentil and garlic soup
- Thai pumpkin soup
- Thai roasted tofu with ginger, basil and chilli vegetables
- Thai style beef salad
- Thai vegetable curry
- Skinless salmon fillets work best in this recipe.
- You could replace fish stock with vegetable or chicken stock if you prefer.
- This recipe was created for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.