Sweet potato and sweet corn mash
- 1 cob of sweet corn
- 1 sweet potato
Tear off the husks of corn and place the corn cob into a pan of boiling water.
Peel and dice sweet potato and add to boiling water. Boil until soft – around 10 minutes.
Remove from water and once cooled, cut kernels from the cob.
Place kernels and sweet potato into a blender and process until smooth.
If needed, add a little water for a creamy consistency. Breast milk or formula could also be used for a creamier taste.
Find related baby recipes
- Chicken, rice and vegetables
- Baked custard recipe
- Chicken and corn chowder
- Beef and vegetable dinner recipe
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy beef casserole
- Simple pumpkin soup recipe
- Fruit puree recipe
- Egg and vegetable omelette recipe
- Up until recently it was advised to wait until baby is 12 months old before introducing corn due to the potential for allergies. Happily, this advice has changed and babies as young as six-months-old can enjoy sweet corn pureed – a great veggie to mix with chicken and other veggies like carrot, sweet potato or pumpkin. If your child has a history of eczema, asthma or other food allergies, ask your doctor first.
- Can be frozen for up to four weeks.
- This recipes was written by Belinda Graham for Kidspot.