Sweet potato muffin recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150ml rice bran oil
- 1 large sweet potato, steamed and pureed
Pre-heat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced.
Place paper cases in a muffin tin.
Beat eggs and sugar together.
Add dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Add the oil and sweet potato and stir to combine. Spoon into paper cases.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Feta and spinach muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Wholemeal pear and ginger muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Anzac muffins
- Banana and maple syrup muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins
- Be sure to sift the two flours together to ensure the muffins rise properly.
- Don’t go too hard on the stirring. Muffin mixture is supposed to look lumpy. Mix until just combined to get the fluffiest texture.
- This recipe was created by Alana House for Kidspot, New Zealand