Brought to you by
Serves 4 people | Prep. 20 min. | Cooking time: 15 min
- 375g Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla Pesto Genovese
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dry chilli
- 100 ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 12 fresh scallops, quartered
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1 bunch asparagus, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Sea salt
Bring plenty of water to the boil in a large saucepan. When boiling, add rock salt (7g to a litre of water).
Heat oil in a large fry pan, add garlic, chilli and cook until golden.
Add the scallops and cook for 2 minutes with the asparagus.
Add the wine and allow it to evaporate. Cook for a further few minutes and add one small ladle of boiling water.
Drop the pasta into the water and stir. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
Drain pasta 1 minute before the suggested cooking time and toss it with cherry tomatoes for another 1 minute. Add the scallops and asparagus. Remove from heat and add the Pesto Genovese, stirring to combine.
Chef’s Tip: For a vegetarian option, just replace the scallops with a classic combination of potatoes and string beans.