Tomato pizza squares
- 2 slices soft bread
- 1/4 cup quick pizza sauce
- 2 slices fresh tomato, cut into quarters
- 2 slices cheese, cut into quarters
- 8 small basil leaves
Preheat oven to 180°C conventional (or 160°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper
Remove crusts from bread. Cut each piece into 4 and pread each piece with tomato sauce.
Top each piece with tomato and a square of cheese.
Place onto a tray and into the oven until the cheese has melted (10-12 mins).
Adda basil leaf to each slice. Cool and wrap in foil.
Related pizza recipes
- Gluten free tomato and salami pizza
- Grilled pizza delight
- Noughts and crosses pizzas
- Party pizza
- Pizza dough
- Pizza fingers
- Pizza pinwheels
- Roast vegetable pizzas
- Sweet potato pizzas
- Pizza pops
- Turkish bread pizzas
- You can use a ready-made pizza sauce from the supermarket for this recipe.
- Vary the cheese for interest. Here I’ve used provolone and gouda mozzarella; Swiss and good old tasty will also work well.
- You can swap the tomato for anything your child likes on their pizza – capsicum, olives, ham, sausage, whatever takes their fancy.
- This recipe was created by Maxabella of Maxabella loves… Follow Maxabella on Facebook or Pinterest.