Banana, yoghurt and honey porridge
- 1/3 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/3 cup (80ml) water, milk, breast milk or formula
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp honey
Stove top method
Place all ingredients into a small saucepan, bring to the boil them simmer for around 5 minutes until soft, stirring regularly. Leave to cool a little and serve warm.
Microwave oven method
Place the oats, 3/4 cup water or milk into a microwave-safe bowl and place in the microwave on high for a minute. Stir and cook for another minute until soft and the water has soaked up. Stir in the mashed banana, yoghurt and honey and serve warm.
Find more breakfast recipes
- Banana and honey porridge
- Basic pancakes
- Big breakfast
- Bull's eye egg
- Fluffy cheese omelette
- Breakfast burritos
- Golden brunch puffs
- Baked cinnamon apple porridge
- Homemade crumpets
- Almond croissants
- Bacon and egg muffins
- Lemon butter
- Apple & hazelnut bircher muesli
- This recipe is suitable for babies from nine months and it can be frozen.
- Moving your baby from milk to first foods doesn’t need to be an overwhelming task. Preparing your own baby food is simple and budget-friendly. Even better, making your own baby food means you can be sure of exactly what your baby is eating.
- This recipe was created by Belinda Graham from The Happy Home. You can see her on Facebook, find her on Twitter and see her lovely boards on Pinterest.