Cauliflower and potato soup
- 30 g parmesan cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbs butter
- 600 g cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 3 medium potato (diced)
- 600 g chicken stock (liquid)
- 1 pinch sea salt (to taste)
- 250 ml cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
Grate the parmesan cheese and set aside.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and add cauliflower and potato. Sweat with lid on for 10 minutes.
Add stock and salt and bring to a boil. Simmer with lid on for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Pour contents into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Pour back into saucepan on low heat and slowly add cream. Stir until mixed through.
Add pinch of nutmeg, stir and serve with parmesan cheese.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Thai pumpkin soup recipe
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe
- Try making your own chicken stock out of chicken bones – extra tasty and nutritious!
- This soup is delicious served with a slice of buttered sourdough toast and a big salad!
- This recipe was created by Brenda Janschek for Kidspot.