- Cooked fresh fettucine pasta (4 serves)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups cream, thickened salt and pepper
In a frypan melt the butter and add the crushed garlic to cook for 2 mins.
Pour 1 cup of cream into the pan to heat gently and mix the egg yolk into the remaining cream with a fork.
Whisk the 2nd cup of cream in and heat gently. Just as the mixture starts to bubble add the parmesan 1 cup at a time, continually whisking.
Season to taste and add the cooked fettucine into the sauce and stir it through.
- Don’t skimp on the quality of your ingredients with this dish. Because it is basically creamy cheese pasta, you need freshly grated parmesan and good quality fresh fettucine.
- Take care with the seasoning and be careful not to burn the garlic. If you do burn the garlic discard it and start again.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.