Healthy vegetarian pasta bake
- 150 g pasta shapes (cooked)
- 2 tbs butter
- 150 g baby spinach (chopped)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (liquid)
- 2 tbs fresh mixed herbs
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 1/2 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 150 g feta
Preheat your oven to 170C (150C fan-forced). Grease a pie dish with 1 tablespoon butter and scatter the cooked pasta in the dish.
Melt remaining butter in frying pan on a low heat. Throw in the baby spinach and lightly fry for for an extra minute.
Lightly beat the eggs, then add the cream, stock (if using), herbs, nutmeg, garlic, spinach mixture and cheese and combine well.
Pour the mixture over the pasta and crumble the feta over the top. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Make sure the eggs are set and the feta is slightly browned. If you need to, place dish back in oven for a further 5-10 minutes.
Find more vegetarian recipes
- Baked ricotta
- Bubble and squeak
- Easy salsa
- Eggplant parmigana
- Goat's cheese and herbed polenta salad
- Hash browns
- Mary May's crunchy on toast
- Paris mashed potato
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Simple pumpkin soup
- For a healthier alternative, try spelt pasta or gluten-free pasta.
- The chicken stock is optional for any non-vegetarians!
- This dish is delicious served with a garden salad.
- It’s always a good idea to make extra servings for school lunches the next day. Just warm up the leftovers and place in a thermos!
- This recipe was created by Brenda Janschek for Kidspot.