Maple roasted pumpkin
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into even sized chunks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp maple flavoured syrup
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, toss the pumpkin in the olive oil and set pieces on the tray so they are not touching.
Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
Remove and drizzle the maple flavoured syrup over the pumpkin, making sure to turn it so that each piece is evenly covered.
Place back into the oven for a further 15-20 mins so that edges are just a little darkened.
Find more roast recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Best-ever roast vegetables
- Pot roast
- Roast beef
- Roast lamb with garlic and rosemary
- Roast pork with fennel
- Roasted vegetables with chives
- This makes pumpkin super- sweet. I used butternut but I think using a less sweet pumpkin like kent would work very well.
- You could definitely use real maple syrup but it is very expensive. I have used both and I found no flavour difference after baking.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.