One pan lemon chicken fettucini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg chicken breast, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups (1L) water
- 250g fettucini pasta
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, shredded (or 1 tbsp dried basil)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup (80g) parmesan, finely grated
Step 1. In a frying pan over high heat, heat the oil and brown the diced chicken. Remove from high heat and transfer chicken to a plate with a slotted spoon and set aside, keeping warm.
Step 2. In the same pan, over low heat, cook the garlic and pour in the water just as it becomes aromatic. Add the pasta, lemon juice and zest, stock powder and basil. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
Step 3. Remove lid, add broccoli florets to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Step 4. In a bowl, combine the milk, cornflour and parmesan. Add to the pan and stir constantly until the sauce thickens. Serve with extra cheese.
More pasta recipes:
- Chorizo pasta
- Bacon and bean fettuccine
- Curtis Stone’s fettuccine bolognaise
- Speedy pasta boscaiola
- Ear pasta with bacon and peas
- Sage butter ravioli
- The secret to golden chicken is just letting it sit in the pan to cook without stirring or making it break contact with the hot surface of the pan. It needs time to get that golden crust that is full of flavour.
- Italian Wonderpot is another great one pan recipe that is delicious and a vegetarian favourite.
- If you like the whole one pot concept then Wonderpot Kung Pao chicken is an Asian dish with the same technique.
- One pan chicken alfredo is also another great one pan chicken dish.
- If you love lasagne but don’t love the assembling and long cooking time then One pan lasagne will get dinner on the table fast.
- Rice cooker Spanish chicken is another great dish cooked in one pan but this is made all in a rice cooker.
- Rice cooker chicken and bacon rissotto teams up chicken and risotto and you can make it with the push of one button.
- If fettucini is your thing then Fettucini boscaiola will satisfy your pasta craving.
- Chicken fettucine with basil and tomatoes is the perfect dish with flavour packed sundried tomatoes.
- Simple fettucini carbonara is a great dish if you have bacon in the fridge.
- If you need a great budget pasta then this Chicken and pesto penne is a great family meal.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.