Summer pasta salad with tangy mint dressing
- 1 cup risoni (or other small pasta)
- kernals of 2 cobs of sweet corn, cobs removed
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 yellow (or red or green) capsicum, diced
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup bocconcini, torn in half
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
Step 1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions and add the corn for the last five minutes of cooking time.
Step 2. Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, capsicum, zucchini and bocconcini in a large bowl.
Step 3. Drain the risoni and corn and let it cool a little. For the dressing, combine the mint, garlic, lemon, mustard and olive oil in a food processor or blender and whizz to combine.
Step 4. Toss dressing, vegetables and pasta together, mixing until well combined. Season to taste and serve warm or cold.
- Swap in any vegetables you might have handy – roasted vegetables cut into small pieces are beautiful here too.
- Instead of the bocconcini, try haloumi or fetta.
- If nuts aren’t a problem, a few toasted pine nuts add beautiful flavour and crunch here too!
- This Cucumber and melon salad is a fresh summer salad that is perfect for a hot day.
- You can make this Chicken and mango salad for picnics. It travels well and tastes delicious.
- If you need a protein boost then you can prepare this Chickpea salad.
- This Caprese salad has all the colours of the Italian flag and it makes a delicous side for barbecue meats.
- You can make this Kids pasta salad for a great non-sandwich lunch box.
- This Cherry tomato and tuna pasta salad is a great 20 minute dinner.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder. You can follow Sophie on Local is Lovely, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.