- 2 cups self raising flour
- half a cup almond meal
- half a cup caster sugar
- half a cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/3 cup (80mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 small bananas, mashed
- 2 red apples, cored, quartered and finely sliced/ grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar, extra
Preheat oven to 180C and place paper cases in muffin tray (12 large or 18 cupcake size).
Sift flour into large bowl, add almond meal, caster sugar and cranberries, mix well. In a glass jug, measure out oil (to 1/3 cup), add milk (to 1 1/3 cup) and eggs, whisk to combine.
Pour liquid into dry ingredients, add mashed banana and mix until just combined. Spoon mixture into paper cases and press 2-3 slices of apple, skin up, into muffins.
Sprinkle with combined cinnamon and extra caster sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- If you need to hide the apple, peel, grate and add with the banana. Omit the cranberries (or replace with finely grated carrot!)
- Make these muffins gluten-free using gluten-free plain flour and 4 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.