Anzac biscuit mix in a jar
- 1 x 800ml resealable jar
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
Step 1. Gather all ingredients.
Step 2. Layer the ingredients in the listed order into the bottom of the jar. You can use a piece of paper rolled like a funnel if you want to ease the layers into the jar. Take care to press each layer down carefully ( between layers to press down each layer) so they appear clearly on the sides of the jar.
Step 3. Make a gift tag with the following instructions: Melt 3 tbsp of golden syrup with 125g (1/2 cup) of butter. Quickly add the biscuit mix from the jar. Mix well. Roll into balls and press down with a fork. Bake at 180°C conventional (160°C fan-forced) for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Find related Anzac recipes
- Anzac biscuits
- Anzac biscuits with coconut
- Anzac muffin
- Anzac slice
- Baked nectarine with crunchy bits
- Macadamia Anzac biscuits
- We used a free printable gift tag that we found at Vale design. You can download it HERE.
- You can just use a spoon to push down each layer flat, in the jar.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.