Basil pesto dip
- 2 large bunches basil, washed, leaves removed
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup cashews, unsalted
- 60g (about 1 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 75mL extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
Place the basil leaves, pine nuts, cashews, parmesan, olive oil and garlic in a food processor and process until combined.
Place dip in a bowl and serve with robust bread!
- Parmesan cheese makes the dip quite salty, so I don’t normally add extra salt.
Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.