- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup linseed meal
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 195°C or 175°C fan-forced. Line baking with baking paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, linseed meal, crushed nuts and coconut flakes. Stir in salt, cinnamon and allspice. Add apricots and raisins and stir until well and evenly mixed. Make sure the dried fruit do not stick together in big batches.
In another bowl, combine mashed banana, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
Take a large cookie cutter and spoon in the mixture until the cutter is filled to 1cm inside. Remove cookie cutter. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Make sure that the dried fruit in this mixture is separated well so it is evenly distributed amongst the biscuits.
- Please make sure that you are careful not to serve these to people with nut allergies and label them clearly when serving to guests.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find more breakfast recipes
- Banana and honey porridge
- Basic pancakes
- Bull’s eye egg
- Fluffy cheese omelette
- Breakfast burritos
- Baked cinnamon apple porridge
- Almond pancakes
- Bacon and egg muffins
- Lemon butter
- Apple & hazelnut bircher muesli