Chicken escalopes with braised fennel
- 3 chicken breast fillet
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 fennel bulb
- 2 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (liquid)
- baby spinach (*to serve)
Cut chicken into escalopes by placing on a board and pressing down with your hand. Keeping the knife parallel to the board, slice chicken.
Heat oil in a large saute pan or frypan with a lid. Season chicken well and brown for 1-2 minutes each side. Remove to a plate.
Add fennel and rosemary to pan and stir for 1 minute. Add wine and stock, cover with a lid and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until fennel is tender.
Return chicken to pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Serve fennel and chicken on a bed of spinach leaves.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken
- Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
- If chicken breasts are extra large, you could bash the pieces out between two pieces of baking paper to make them thinner.
- This recipe was created by Greer Worsley for Kidspot.