Pink lemonade bars
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup strawberries, tops removed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Preheat oven 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line a 16cm x 26cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
Step 1: Using a food processor, process the sugar, butter, flour and salt in a bowl together for one minute. Press into the base of the slice tin firmly and bake for 17-20 minutes.
Step 2: Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Using a food processor or blender, puree the lemon juice, lemon zest, caster sugar, strawberries, eggs, self-raising flour and salt.
Step 3: Pour this mixture over the hot crust when removed from the oven.
Step 4: Return to oven and bake a further 25 minutes. Leave to cool and slice into bars. Makes 24. Sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving.
- The pink portion of these has a soft custard-like texture. When removed from the oven this will have a slightly browned crust on top.
- These need to be stored in the refrigerator.
- When cutting into bars, you will need to clean the knife in between slices.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related slice recipes:
- Caramel slice
- Cherry ripe slice
- Chocolate coconut slice
- Chocolate peppermint slice
- Coconut jam slice
- Too-easy lemon slice
- Oreo dessert slice