- 2 red skin apples, cored and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- 4 iceberg lettuce cups (optional)
Combine the apples, celery, orange segments, mayonnaise and walnuts in a large bowl. Stir to coat all the ingredients in the mayonnaise. Squeeze in some orange juice if you need more dressing.
Spoon into the lettuce cups to serve.
- This salad is easy and quick to prepare (just don’t ask Basil Fawlty for one) and you will usually have most of the ingredients lurking about in the cupboard or fridge. A very tasty healthy addition to a BBQ chicken night.
- I often use plain low fat yoghurt instead of mayonnaise.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot.