Thai barbecued chicken recipe
- 1 kg deboned chicken breasts/thighs, cut into 4cm squarish-chunks
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 coriander stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
In a mortar and pestle, crush the garlic and peppercorns until they make a paste.
Add coriander and continue to pound until it forms a paste.
Combine the paste, fish sauce and coconut milk in a container and stir together.
Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and stir to coat. Cover and refridgerate for 1-2 hours.
Preheat griddle/frypan or BBQ and coat with oil.
Lay marinated chicken pieces in the pan and and cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
Set aside to rest whilst you plate up rice.
- Back in the day where a takeaway or dining in a restaurant was at least a weekly ritual, hubby and I used to frequent a few Thai takeaway places. However our order never changed. Pad Thai for hubby, Gai Yang (Thai barbecued chicken) and rice for me.
- I was thrilled to discover that this recipe fulfilled my need for Thai takeaway without having to leave home or pay $15 a serve!
- This chicken is popular with everyone even the kids eat it and ask for seconds!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related chicken recipes:
- Chicken fried rice
- Chicken teriyaki
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken korma
- Chicken balls
- Chicken satay skewers
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken